- Tom Frambach on Save Pier 40 Petition
- John T. O'Farrell on Save Pier 40 Petition
- Jill Barone on Save Pier 40 Petition
- Laura Rivera on Save Pier 40 Petition
- John Murray, DMD Xavier '67 on Save Pier 40 Petition
- Rosa Cabrera on Save Pier 40 Petition
- Philip Gerena on Save Pier 40 Petition
- Kathy on Save Pier 40 Petition
- Celeste Valle on Save Pier 40 Petition
- Jocelyne Xantus on Save Pier 40 Petition
Category Archives: headline news
Click here for full article
The Wall Street Journal reported today that the “adaptive re-use” plan for Pier 40 depends on inflated income assumptions for retail and office space. Mr. Durst claims he stands on his record. On the other hand, if a high risk project scope chases other developers away from bidding when a request for proposals is issued, who does it serve when it’s time to negotiate a lease? Definitely not the Trust.
Click here to read the full article
This study from 2012 reviews the potential income and likely impacts of various possible commercial uses at Pier 40. Compared to other uses, projects that include residential use will generate more income on a small footprint with less non-park related vehicular and pedestrian traffic than other uses.
Click here to view the study.
Pier 40 Champion’s Tobi Bergman provides his perspective in this week’s The Villager Talking Point. Tobi retells his introduction to youth sports in the area and why a common sense approach is needed.
Read the full article here